I thought it would be only a matter of time before river cruising was brought to Italy. And it looks like 2013 will be the debut year for Po River river cruises. Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection is bringing a ship to Venice on an unique itinerary. I think its going to be quite popular!
The 8-day Cruise-only vacation – Venice and the Po River – is going to begin service on April 7th, 2013 with weekly departures through mid-November. The itinerary will be as follows:
* Day 1: Venice – embark in the afternoon/evening
* Day 2: Venice – Full Day – Included excursion: Walking tour of historic Venice and Grand Canal cruise.
* Day 3: Venice (Padua) – The ship will stay in Venice but you will be transported by deluxe motor coach to Padua here you will enjoy a guided tour of the historical center, the Scrovegni Chapel (with frescoes by Giotti) and a visit to the open market. Free time after the included tours to do your own wandering around picturesque Padua.
* Day 4: Serravalle (Ravenna) – Highlight of today (in my opinion!) will be lunch at an idylic olive mill with homemade olive oil. Also included today is a walking tour of Ravenna’s historic 6th century mosaics and a visit to the Medieval Brisighella and Pompossa Abbey.
* Day 5: Polesella (Bologna) – What better way to enjoy Italy then to participate in a pasta making workshop! Thats the plan for today along with a walking tour of Bologna. Plenty of time for further indulgence(s) before heading back to the ship.
* Day 6: Polesalla (Verona), Chioggia – Perhaps Verona’s most iconic image will be seen today – the Romeo and Juliet balcony. You will see this on the walking tour of Verona which will also include an ancient Roman ampitheater which is still in use.
* Day 7: Venice – Return to Venice where the day is yours to do as you wish. Visit the Guggenheim Museum, the Doge’s Palace, or perhaps take a gondola ride.
* Day 8: Venice (disembark) – Head home (or to your next destination) after breakfast
The River Cruise package will include:
• 7-night cruise in a riverview stateroom on the newly remodeled, striking River Countess
• All meals onboard, prepared using the finest and freshest ingredients
• Captain’s Welcome Gala and Farewell Dinners
• Complimentary fine wines, choice of beer and soft drinks during lunch and dinner onboard; replenished bottled water in your stateroom; and 24-hour specialty coffee and tea bar
• An experienced Cruise Manager and attentive, all English-speaking staff
• State-of-the-art Quietvox portable audio headset system on all shore excursions during your cruise
• Use of bicycles and Nordic walking sticks throughout your cruise
• Captivating onboard local entertainment
• Signature Lecture
• All transfers on arrival and departure days
Uniworld is known for their attention to detail and high-level of customer satisfaction. The ship, the River Countess, is being completely remodeled this year so its ready for this new itinerary. River cruise ships are much smaller then ocean cruise ships – the River Countess has a guest occupancy of only 134 people.
Want to see more of Italy? Uniworld is also offering a 13-day option with 2 nights in Florence and 3 nights in Rome after the river cruise ends (or you could just do your own thing in Italy after the cruise).
Rates for the 7-night cruise package start from $2899 per person! Once word gets out this is going to sell out so contact me today to make your reservation!
For more information about this river cruise or other options, please email me!